Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday tip | Apartment 23


If I had time to worry about every person who
admired, imitated, or stalked me, I wouldn’t
have time to be my fabulous self.
chloe | apartment 23

The time I’ve spend on watching series on Netflix is virtually zero. And when I say watch, I mean really watch them, not giving up after the first episode, drop off while the second, recognize after the fifth, that you haven’t really looked at the screen – I guess you know what I mean. Having time for binge watching is real luxury.
For everybody who has as much time as me and loves funny series with extravagant characters, gags full of sarcasm and irony, which always have a haughty undercurrent, I absolutey recommend Apartment 23. One is able to watch it while you manage seven hundred things without having the impression that you miss something. Also really good if someone got the same time problem: One episode lasts about twenty minutes.

It’s about…
June Colburn, a typical small town girl coming to New York City with a college degree, high expectations and big dreams, to start her dream job with pulled up sleeves and move in her dream apartment. And even if everything seems to be sewn up, one things leads to another and at the end of her first day June finds herself in the middle of New York City without a job or an apartment. And that’s the way leading June to Apartment 23 with party girl Chloe, who wants to get rid of June as soon as possible – of course without reclaiming the in advance paid rent. To get what she wants she knows no taboos, including sex with June’s fiancĂ©. And that’s the beginning of a crazy friendship.

Apartment 23 is great…
because of Krysten Ritter. I got a crush on her in Gilmore Girls and her role as Chloe reinforces this enthusiasm. The character is simply ingenious, I love the jokes, although I asked myself from time to time, if they are still okay. But yes, they are. And the contrast between cheeky Chloe who’s giving a shit on the opinions of other people and polite, nice, ambitious June who hates to scandalize gives enough subject to fill another season with jokes. Adding James van der Beek (Dawson’s Creek) as himself so to say and so he’s an arrogant smoothy – great.

So if you’re looking for a funny series for besides in the style of 2 Broke Girls and New Girl: You’ll find it in Apartment 23




photocredit google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment